Goldwell. Even those who aren't familiar with haircare products are aware of the name. And for good reason. They've remained on the cutting edge of beautification for a century.
Goldwell Hair Products - A Century of Hair Care Success
Hans Erich Dotter founded Goldwell in 1920. And although he didn't have a history in hairdressing, he soon embarked on a company that would exceed even his own expectations.
Interesting Facts about Goldwell's History:
- Goldwell created the salon pump (the shampoo dispensing system found in most salons and homes alike). This meant easier, cleaner access to product and less waste.
- Goldwell's first product was a hairspray, which many decades later, remains the number one hairspray in Germany.
- In 1984, Goldwell produced one of its most popular products: Kerasilk ("for hair like silk"). This product was in a league of its own, creating a sheen and softness that went beyond any other products of its time.
- In 2013, Goldwell re-released Kerasilk, which continues to be the go-to anti-frizz product for millions of women with curls who want to soften but not flatten their natural wave.
- Another popular Goldwell product emerged in 1986: Colorance - a semi-permanent color with a pH level of 6.8.
- In 2001, Goldwell introduced Elumen colors. These colors were bolder, brighter and richer than any other hair colors at the time.
Today's Goldwell - Hair Care Products that Continue to Be a Step Above
Goldwell continues to make massive strides in beauty care, staying on top of trends and the ever-changing world around them. Here are a just a few of their most popular products. (For a more comprehensive list of their products, check out Boutique Deauville, a one-stop online shop for a range of beauty products and beauty tools.)